I would like to welcome to Impact Martial Arts. My name is Greg Fisher and I am the owner of the school. Thank you for visiting our site and taking an interest in martial arts. Impact has been serving Austin, TX since 2001 and we specialize in leading fun, safe, and interesting classes, for men, women, and children. Taekwondo is a Korean based art, known for its kicking techniques, however at Impact Martial Arts our approach includes many other aspects of martial arts training, our goal is to fit the training to the body type, needs, and interests, rather than simply teaching one-size-fits-all classes. We also teach great family and adult classes. Family classes are so much fun as the kids love to spend time being active with their parents. Our adult classes are a phenomenal workout that are based on self-defense principles.
Our school is located at 12200 Research Blvd in Austin, TX. We are on 183 in between Oak Knoll and Duval and share the shopping center with Dunkin Donuts.
For a free introductory lesson, please call (512)257-3333.
- Thorough full-body exercise, with methods that are time tested and guaranteed to spend the extra energy all parents would like to help their children spend, doing healthy, enriching things.
- An emphasis on good habits of health. Rest, diet, regular exercise, and avoidance of things that ARE NOT healthy, is an on-going dialogue on our classroom floor.
- Anger control. We talk about it, we teach the techniques of it, and we emphasize some aspect of self-control in every single class we teach.
- Bully education. We work with young people on how not to become a victim of bullying –and how not to BE a Bully to others.
- Self-defense. From the techniques of stranger-danger to pragmatic, effective ideas of self-defense, to the best self-defense instruction that can be offered to a child, we work in self-defense training, in a multitude of ways, into every weeks lessons –and in a way parents approve of and will appreciate.
- Team-building, leadership, and character development. When it comes to lessons about being a part of a team, leading a team effort, and/or how to properly contribute to anything related to team, we know how to nurture the right attitude and outlook on the subject. Every single class is a hands on lesson in getting along with others, working well together, and in developing both leadership skills and the ability to play team, full out, when called to do so. Character development and cultivation is the real lessons of Taekwondo, at least is is the way we teach it.